Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Behemoth Evangelion Review


Yesterday Mayhem Festival came to Tampa, FL. The main attractions were Slayer and Marilyn Manson. The smaller stages provided a more personal touch than the larger main stage. On one of these stages a Polish band called Behemoth preformed, I was front and center. They came out with full makeup, looking as if they were of another world and another time. Powerful lyrics in every song they put out, like these seen below from the song Christians To the Lions.
"Rise me! rise me high!
Lead thru the gates ov sun
Rise me! rise me high!
Where angels do not dare to fly
Invite to feast ov gods
And let me drift away
Leave flames ov infamy
And watch me kiss the stars"


After banging my head for a while I decided to go buy their new album Evangelion. After listening to it I can only say that it does not disappoint, the only thing that would make it better is seeing it being preformed live. This album is an example of what should be playing on the radio, and what should be on MTV at five in the morning (the only time they play music videos).






The name of the album is Evangelion, the band is Behemoth! Go listen to it!

5 out of 5


0 comments:

Post a Comment