Sunday, May 16, 2010

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

 The Heavy Metal world has lost a hero, Ronnie James Dio to stomach cancer at the age of 64. Dio was best known for his unique vocals and his showmanship. I must say when a friend informed me of the news my usual happy mood became sad and silent. Wendy Dio (widow of Ronnie Dio) left this statement on ronniejamesdio.com and on the Ronnie James Dio page on Facebook.

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.”

He leaves behind millions of fans and his band Heaven and Hell. He will be missed and admired until the end of time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment